What's new

Outlaw 950, available by Christmas ( 2001)? (1 Viewer)

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
So there's one month left until Christmas. That means that for the preamp to reach us by then Outlaw should start shipping it by December 17 at the latest. That means that the beta tests should be ( almost ) over by now and that Outlaw should open the waiting list very soon. Do you guys think that we'll get the 950 by Christmas or we're in for yet another delay?

Razvan

Vishwa Somayaji

Stunt Coordinator
I have a feeling that there will be one more delay. Again, it is just my feeling after waiting for it and following how it has evolved. The best case scenario is that they will be able to get a few units around that Dec 17th mark. More likely, it will be middle of January. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

TomH

Second Unit
I think a lot of people were banking on the 950 for holiday entertainment. I really would like to get something before Dec 21 even if it means increasing the budget.

Suggestions in the under $2000.00 range?

Best 6.1 receiver to use as a preamp only?

Tom

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Suggestions in the under $2000.00 range?

Best 6.1 receiver to use as a preamp only?
Those are 2 very pertinent questions for me as well. Since I've got all my other equipment expected by Xmas (and especially speakers with a trial period), I need some sort of unit that does DD/DTS processing and has a sub out, neither of which I currently possess.

If I was going to spend money on something more than the 950, I'd likely go beyond the $2K range suggested and get an Anthem AVM 20. If it appeared that the 950 would come out before too long after Xmas, I may be inclined to go for a decent receiver as a preamp, assuming the audio quality would not be too noticeably worse than what a 950 would theoretically provide. I'd hate to misjudge the speakers I will be auditioning (Soundline ribbons) due to "subpar" processing (assuming I could tell the difference). Then when the 950 came out, I'd relegate the receiver to my family room, as I'd end up with a receiver there anyway. I do not want to live too long with a receiver for preamp duties for my main system.

Doug

W

Will

You may detect an audio difference between different

pre/pro's, much like the audio difference between

different speaker brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks