Outlaw 950 and Scientific Atlanta 8300HD over component

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MikeAlletto, Jul 28, 2005.

1. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I've got a outlaw 950 and SA 8300HD cable box to connect to my new samsung hlr6168. The 8300HD box is connected to the component in (either dvd or video 1, doesn't matter) on the 950 then component out (monitor out) from the 950 to component input (1 or 2, doesn't matter) of the 6168. What happens is an extremely dark red signal that comes and goes. At first I thought cables, so I ran directly from cable box to tv, with both cables and it works fine. So then I thought 950 component connectors are bad. So I tried my dvd player. Same connection as above but instead of 8300HD box I used the dvd player. That works fine. So...if its not the cables, not the tv, not the 950 and not the cable box what could it be? Anyone running a 8300HD into an outlaw 950 with component connections? The cables are high quality belkin cables bought from blue jeans cable. I've talked to outlaw support and they think the 8300HD box is sending out a signal that is overloading the component switch in the 950, but the tv has no problem with this. I thought the 950 could support hidef component signals just fine? Any thoughts?

I can just run the cable out of the cable box to the tv directly. Its not that big of a deal, but I find it annoying that I can't use my 950 as a switch like I wanted to.

2. Mark_N

Mark_N Auditioning

Mike,

Just sent you an email on this. I think we have a problem here.