Outlaw 950 and HD video switching?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MarkMac, Apr 28, 2004.

1. MarkMac

MarkMac Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone comment on how well the 950 handles HD video switching? I am considering one, but I'd like my Pre/Pro to handle my video switching, and I don't want to sacrifice HD quality.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I haven't found reason to complain about feeding the component video outputs from 2 DVD players to my Outlaw 950. For my situation, I then take the Outlaw's component video output and feed it to my Samsung SIR-T165 to upscale my component video from either DVD player to 1080i to my 1080i-only-capable HDTV RPTV (it won't squeeze 480p to 16x9, but will squeeze 1080i to 16x9, so it suits my needs).

3. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Pat,

Is that Samsung an HDTV Over-the-Air Tuner???

4. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

Works fine for me. While my TV has an internal HDTV tuner I run a Motorola DCT5100 HD cable box through my 950 (along with a DVD player). The TV has two component inputs so my other HD, a MyHD PC card is connected directly to the TV.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Steve, the Samsung SIR-T165 is an OTA ATSC/HDTV tuner (as well as somewhat of a video hub (though due to the wrong black levels on the analog inputs, it's sort of hard to use it as a hub for analog video, unfortunately). (Sorry for the slight thread drift).