Outlaw 950 and DVD Audio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Anderson, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    I have a 950 and I am thinking about getting a DVD Audio player. I wanted to know how well the the 5.1 audio inputs on the 950 work with those of you that have DVD audio players. How does it sound with the 80Hz crossover activated? I love my DTS CDs and DTS tracks on DVD audio discs but wanted to know how it compares with DVD audio tracks. Thanks for any input

2. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Matt,
    I'm off to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up a Panasonic RP 82, so hopefully I will be able to report back by the end of the weekend. I already have the Metallica Black Album, Dead's American Beauty, and Disturb's Believe waiting to be played.

3. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

The Outlaw's 80HZ analog crossover kicks ass. I'm using it for DVD Audio and it works beautifully. I know of quite a few people who've had the Outlaw ICBM sell it after getting their 950s. It basically works as well as the ICBM, but the crossover is fixed at 80HZ rather than being adjustible. Not having to double up on the cabling is nice as well. All in all, great feature and a huge selling point for the 950.

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor