What's new

Outlaw 750 "buzzing"? (1 Viewer)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I bought an Outlaw Model 750 Amp about 3 years ago....recently I have noticed a low buzzing from the chassis of the amp after about 10 seconds from turning on the power. Sounds like it may be the power supply. Any thoughts?

Marty Neudel

Stunt Coordinator
Terry,

could be the transformer. They tend to get noisy with time, although 3 years is awfully short. This is not uncommon in low-priced equipment,however.

Marty

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Call the outlaws.

Marty, the only reason this is "low priced" is because of the direct marketing. It is one hell of a great unit!

Regards

Gregg

John.Meer

Agent
Have you changed anything in your setup as far as what your 750 is plugged into or anything on the same circuit? I had a 750 plugged into an APC surger protector. The APC fried, and I then plugged the 750 into a Triplite that my TV and pre/pro was plugged into. I noticed a significant mechanical hum from the 750 and my AVM20 when plugged into the Triplite. Moving the 750 plug to another surge protector eliminated the hum from both components.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks