Outlaw 750 "buzzing"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Flink, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Terry Flink

Terry Flink Stunt Coordinator

I bought an Outlaw Model 750 Amp about 3 years ago....recently I have noticed a low buzzing from the chassis of the amp after about 10 seconds from turning on the power. Sounds like it may be the power supply. Any thoughts?

2. Marty Neudel

Marty Neudel Stunt Coordinator

Terry,

could be the transformer. They tend to get noisy with time, although 3 years is awfully short. This is not uncommon in low-priced equipment,however.

Marty

3. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

Call the Outlaws. The warranty is 5 years???

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Call the outlaws.

Marty, the only reason this is "low priced" is because of the direct marketing. It is one hell of a great unit!

Regards

Gregg

5. John.Meer

John.Meer Agent

Have you changed anything in your setup as far as what your 750 is plugged into or anything on the same circuit? I had a 750 plugged into an APC surger protector. The APC fried, and I then plugged the 750 into a Triplite that my TV and pre/pro was plugged into. I noticed a significant mechanical hum from the 750 and my AVM20 when plugged into the Triplite. Moving the 750 plug to another surge protector eliminated the hum from both components.