What's new

Outlaw 1050 Speaker adjusting. (1 Viewer)

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Just got my 1050 yesterday and I am a little confused. When I used the internal test tones (getting avia/ve today) I can't add/subtract db's from the front main channels. So I am assuming that I set the front channels to 75db and then add/subtract the center and surrounds accordingly. Or is there a way to +/- the levels to the fronts?

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Rey,
You "balance" the front left & right at your prefered level (I used 75db, but have seen others recommend 85db) and then trim the center and all three surrounds from that point. Also, and this is just my opinion, due to the 1050's LFE test signal being so useless, I prefer to use Avia's test tones for my dialing in.
Welcome to the 1050 family! :)

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Thanks for the info. I thought that was right. I am going to rent Video Essentials this weekend but am ordering Avia for myself. I find the 1050 manual to be a little confusing, but I guess I just to have pay more attention. My head is in a fog right now, got my whole system deliered the same day I found out my wife is pregnant with our first child. So I am going to be "stupid" for the next couple of weeks. ;)

Rey_Ramos

Agent
Thanx for the kind words Patrick. I just got into work, late ofcourse, stood up late calibrating with VE. Big difference now. I got everything to 75db and my sub around 79-80db. So far the 1050 is pretty impressive. The only problem so far was JP3 but I heard that is a problem with the dvd so I put on 6.1 and it sounds great. If there is anything else, tips and such on the 1050 please let me know. I really want to get the most out of it. (Who doesn't) One is, should I bother with the delay features I really don't understand or know what that is for. I'm pretty new at this as you can tell. Anymore info would help out a lot.

phill clarke

Auditioning
It's good to hear that the 1050 is pretty impressive since I'm thinking hard about buying one right now. I've been reading the reviews and it sounds like what I'm looking for, but that whole ordering stereo equipment over the internet with no listening test makes me a little nervous. I know that Outlaw offers 30 day money back, but still being out the shipping which could have gone towards a better than low budget store unit makes the dicision a hard one.
I figure if I keep reading these good reviews of the 1050 at this pace and I'll be convinced to get one and take the risk. :)

Lorne

Agent
I'm not the *most* discerning audiophile but I've had my 1050 for about 2 months and it's my first foray into quality home audio equipment. For what it's worth, I've been really happy with the sound, features and operation of the whole thing. It's more than powerful enough for me, it generates better sound from my speakers than I thought was possible, and the remote is a pleasure to use to control my TV, VCR, CD player, and TV. I use an X-box for my DVD so it won't control that, but I doubt any remote could. Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose.

LT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks