Outlaw 1050 Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Beck, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Andrew Beck

Andrew Beck Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchase an outlaw 1050 and must say I love it. It blows the doors off of my aging sony STR-DE925. The one problem I do have is with the remote. My girlfriend finds it hard to use in this situation:

she's watching a DVD the remote is set to AUX to control the DVD player. She wants to switch to watching cable. She presses power, the DVD turns of; she presses TNR to control the reciever; she presses video 2 to select the cable as the source; she presses CBL to control the cable box.

Not too complex for me, but I know what I'm doing. I'm hoping there is a way to simplify operation a little. The easiest way i can think of would be to have the source buttons (vid 1, vid 2, dvd, etc) operate the outlaw regardless of what mode the remote is in. The other more complex way would be some sort of macro function.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

2. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

Don't have this receiver (yet), but the remote looks an awful lot like very popular Radio Shack 15-1994. If it is then it would be worth your while to setup the macros. [​IMG]

3. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a remote from Universal Electronics - I think they make the Radio Shack and One For All remotes. If it is, then you can probably find all sorts of hidden functions that you didn't know existed. Macros, discrete codes, volume punch throughs, etc., can greatly simplify the use of the remote.
    Check out www.remotecentral.com for general remote tips and www.hifi-remote.com.
    I have the RS 15-1994, and used it before I got my new Denon 3802 receiver. Despite what most people say, I find the 3802 remote to do everything I needed it to, and was not at all hard to use or set up. Of course, I have set up the 15-1994 with all those arcane codes, so a remote with an LCD screen on the face made it a lot easier! I currently use the 15-1994 to enter the discrete codes, and then teach them to my 3802 remote - maybe that is why it is a lot easier for me to use.
    Good Luck!
    Bryan

4. Andrew Beck

Andrew Beck Stunt Coordinator

I tried putting in the macro programs from the 15-1994 and maybe I'm just stupid but i couldn't get it to work. The volume pass through from the 15-1994 does work (however it is now documented in the manual).

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Andrew -- I also think it looks a lot like a RS 15-1994; if it is, the websites given previously should provide a wealth of info.
    Assuming it is basically the 15-1994, then you can make the macros you want. With my 15-1994, I've got a macro to e.g. turn on the TV, switch to video input, turn on DVD, open tray, turn on receiver, switch to audio input [​IMG]
    I also programmed button that switches the receiver to the appropriate input, for whatever device is currently active.
    Finally, to help her, you might try using my 15-1994 diagrams.