Outlaw 1050 lack of bass??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Johnson, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased an Outlaw 1050 and have it hooked up to Phase Technology 7T's (front L&R) and a Phase Tech center (no surrounds or sub...yet). I love the receiver, except that I'm not getting as much bass as I did with my old Technics receiver (not sure of model number). I've got the L&R set to Large, center set to small, and crossover set as low as it will go (I think 60 mhz). Am I doing something wrong, or am I expecting too much since this receiver doesn't have a "bass booster". It could be just that I got used to the "bass booster" sound and am not used to a higher quality sound. Any tips/insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

I think you answered your own question . A sub and some surrounds will make all

the difference . Once you have all your speaks together , I think you'll be very

happy with your 1050 . A 12 inch sub works well for me .

Congrats on your 1050

Eric

3. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Hmmm... just a shot in the dark here: do you have the sub channel set to "off" or "no sub"? I'm only guessing here, but if your LFE channel isn't turned "off", then everything under 60hz may be routing to your (non existent) subwoofer.

My suggestion: try defeating the LFE channel if you haven't already!

4. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

I had a similar experience going from a Pioneer receiver with "bass boost" to a Yamaha without. It was worth the trade-off, boom vs. high current output. Sub will replace what you're missing. [​IMG]