outlaw 1050 hisssss......??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Alan, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Steve Alan

Steve Alan Agent

I've had mine for a over a year now, but have always wondered how loud of a hiss is normal during periods of relative silence, CD or DVD, when the volume reads in the upper 40's or beyond. It's a background hiss, not a sharp buzz type of sound, but it is very audible from 12 feet away. Since I don't have another 1050 (or any other receiver) to compare it to, I would like to hear from some of the many 1050 owners out there to see if this is normal and I'm being paranoid, or if I may have a slight problem with my outlaw. I vaguely(sp?) remember there being talk of this type of problem with first run 1050's but I'm not sure exactly what it was about.

Thanks for any feedback, suggestions, or info you might have!!!!

2. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

My 1 yr. old Outlaw 1050 does not have any hiss that I can hear and I usually watch movies at the 45-53 volume setting. I do not use 6.1 (lacking a speaker) and do not use any DSP modes.
    Good luck!
    P.S. I just hugged my SVS, thanks for the reminder to do so [​IMG]

3. Jah-Wren Ryel

Jah-Wren Ryel Stunt Coordinator

My 1050, from the first run, definitely does hiss when an active, but silent input is selected, like a paused cd player on a digital input. I get equal hiss out of all 6 channels, but is usually not noticeable from the siting position.

4. Steve Alan

Steve Alan Agent

Thanks for the replies!

Jah-Wren, it sounds like what I've noticed with mine. If there is a moment where I can hear the hiss, and I pause the CD, the hiss is completely gone. At what volume does the hiss become noticeable, and how far away are you from your speakers??