Outer Limts (new? old?) Canadian Release on May 25??? David? Gord?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rick P, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Whilst making an Amazon.ca order for "Tekwar" and "For Better or For Worse" and a pre-order the "The Hitchhiker S1" I noticed

this

and the important thing...

Release Information:
    Studio: Koch International
    DVD Release Date: May 25, 2004

same as "TekWar" and "The Hitchhiker"

could this be the '95 series? Complete S1 and S2??? (that would be 45 1hr eps, a mighty lot for a single box, but considering the show ran 154 eps...).

The '95 series was a Canadian production (for Showtime) and I would love more than the two 'best of' discs that have been released...

David? Gord? Bueller?

ADDDENDUM: Found some of my own information... not as good as I hoped... from the Koch Canada site..

"One of the longest running sci-fi series on television is finally available on DVD! The Outer Limits: The Series - Best of Season 1 & 2 features the best 22-episodes from the first two seasons. The Outer Limits is a provocative anthology series that has earned numerous Emmy, CableACE, Gemini and Saturn awards. Like the classic 1960s series of the same name, each unique episode takes the viewer into a different realm of human imagination where technology and aliens are rulers of the world - revealing our greatest hopes and darkest fears."

appears to be a 5 disc set...

ah poo...

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

3. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

There's also a thread about the Canadian set. [​IMG]

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Thanks for stepping in Joshua [​IMG]

Dave and I usually post what we know on the site. If we haven't it's because we're either checking the info ourselves, or we don't have it.

Gord

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

all right.. all right... enough salt! [​IMG]

6. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

I received my 5 Disc Set today (I purchased it from a seller on E-Bay).

I must say that Koch Entertainment really dropped the ball on this one. Not only do we not get the compete seasons, but these are the edited for television/syndicated versions (as soon as I heard "Please Stand By" at the end of the opening, I went from being excited to utter dismay). The commerical breaks are at times, quite noticeble - with the scene abruptly ending before a full fade out. Very poor editing job as far as I'm concerned.

What's even worse is that the picture quality in inconsistant. Sometimes it looks great, other times awful. To top off the bad news - there are no chapter breaks. Once you start an episode there is no way to skip through chapters. [​IMG]

I seriously hope that MGM can come through for us fans and deliver the complete season sets with the undedited episodes as they originally appeared on Showtime.

7. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Second Unit

Ugh. That sucks. Guess I'll pass on this release.