Outer Limits (1960s) box sets anyone?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Eric Huffstutler, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Has anyone purchased these boxed season sets from the original 1960s TV series yet? I remember them as a kid as the most disturbing and creapy thing I ever saw and even though dated, still stand the test of time. How are the discs and how are they presented on each disc. Any extras?

2. Page

Page Stunt Coordinator

I picked up the first box set. The transfer is fine, but there are no extras on the discs, although there is a small booket that came in the box. The booklet gives a synopsis of each episode and who starred in it. The discs are double-sided and there are four one hour shows on each side. It's a pretty good deal when you consider that you're getting thirty-two hours of classic televisions shows at a pretty decent price.

The second box set has less shows (due to the show being cancelled mid-season), but the price is the same. Not quite the bargin the first season set is.

3. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

Yes, how unfortunate it is that the second season is the same price, yet with half the amount of episodes. I bought the first season because it's a great deal; It'll probably be quite some time before I spend the same amount on the second season, even if it has one of my favorite episodes (The Demon With The Glass Hand).

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Maybe not as good a bargain, but Best Buy offered both sets for $80 when season 2 was released, and so I sprung - too bad you missed the deal.

5. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

6. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    The reason there are only half the episodes on season 2 is because the show was canceled half way into the season that year. Season 1 and 2 are all there is of the original series. Just wished they would have included extras to make up for the extra space on season 2 since there will be no more coming out.

7. John Macri

John Macri Stunt Coordinator

Got them both for $80 and couldn't be happier. I remember being glued to the TV in the 60's watching this great show and everyone mimicing the prologue at school...

8. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

Season 1 & 2 are priced diff in Canada..If I remember correctly Season 2 was about $25.00 cheaper than Season 1.

Eg. Futureshop.ca
    Season1 $81.99 (can)
    Season2 $57.99 (can)Sale price though

9. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I treasure these boxsets so much that I even bought a backup Season One boxset. The transfers seem a tad crisper for Season Two. Anybody else notice that?

The Outer Limits is television science fiction at its absolute finest.

10. Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson Second Unit

picked up each one on the day of it's release. never really looked at the price. grew up with this stuff...essential.