What's new

Outdoor Speakers (1 Viewer)

Chris-Lip

Grip
I know, I know, this is HTF but I figured you guys need tunes on your decks too :)
I just started shopping around for outdoor speakers and found some Klipsch hs-2 for $200 seems like a pretty good deal, are there any others out there in this price range worth considering?
TIA
Chris

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
You know, you're probably gonna laugh at this but...

I have some KLH 970As. They are 3-way outdoor speakers. They rock. I've had them for years. Best thing, theyre like $20 a pair. So, if you buy them and don't like them, it's only $20.

Course, they don't don't have much for bass, it that's what you want.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Chris,

I just finished installing some outdoor speaker a few weeks ago. Also, before I forget, I was just thumbing through some Audio/Video mag that had a whole writeup on this stuff (forgot the name, but it was at Borders). Anyway, I purchased some NHT Outdoor Ones based upon a few factors. First, I have a NHT 5.1 setup that produces great sound. Second, with one of biggest concerns being bass, they went down to somewhere in the 50Hz range, lower than a lot others out there. Finally, I found an authorized dealer (on audiogon.com) selling them at a discount off their $200/pr. price tag. I have been very happy so far with them. For about 2 seconds, I was looking at some Boston Acoustics outdoors, along with this:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/hs_pr...&CategoryID=37

Could you imagine that thing pumping away underneath your deck? Then, I thought the wife would really kick my a$$.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Also, sometimes you can find some Cambridge Soundworks through hifi.com or on ebay from Cambridge Soundworks (authorized and all that good stuff).

Marc H

Second Unit
Try and hear the Energy Tempest if you can. They are well made and sound quite decent for outdoor speakers.

BradVan

Auditioning
I was just about to post a question regarding outdoor speakers when I saw your post. So if it's alright I will just post it here instead of starting another thread. I simply need to know how to hook the outdoor spreakers up to my home theater. There are not any extra speaker jacks on the back of the reciever, so do you connect them where the front speaker jacks are? Please help the home theater illiterate.:b

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I recently did an installation for a large backyard. It consisted of four JBL N26AWii speakers all going to a DLS switch box ($30).