What's new

Outdoor Speaker Problem (1 Viewer)

roundabout 1

Auditioning
Real Name
Jaime
We bought a house with a couple of outdoor speakers installed - the speakers are Runabout 1 from Boston Acoustics.

I traced the wires and attached something to play audio. The sound from the speakers was abysmal. So I bought polkaudio Atrium 5's to replace them.

I put one of the Atriums up, but it actually sounds just as awful.

So I'm guess it's what I have driving the speakers? I will put a pic below. I don't actually even know what that multi-select box is. It was left in the house by the previous owner.

What do you think is causing the sounds to be so awful?

Thank you.
IMG_0273.jpg

roundabout 1

Auditioning
Real Name
Jaime
Here's what they are attached to. I can't actually see where the wires travel through the walls.

IMG_0269.jpg

roundabout 1

Auditioning
Real Name
Jaime
The sound is almost muffled. No depth at all. Not tinny, but very unsatisfying if you know what the music should sound like.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, small speakers outside aren’t going to put out anything resembling decent bass, if that’s what your looking for.

Aside from that, the front panel of the AVR says it’s set for 7 channels. Try switching to stereo. And if AM radio is the source, as it appears to perhaps be in the picture – that’s not exactly a hi-fi music source.

The speaker box is to turn off and on speakers in different rooms, as the included labeling indicates.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...but it also has mention of Dolby Surround, but I don’t know how that’s implemented. I actually had to think back too far to remember the original Dolby Surround, which dates back at least 30 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks