What's new

[Outdoor] JBL Speakers for the Deck: N24 or N26? (1 Viewer)

Barry.Evans

Agent
I'm looking for an inexpensive pair of outdoor speakers for my deck. I've been to our local BB and CC and listen to the Bose, Yamaha, House-Brand and JBL speakers and much prefer the JBLs.

Does any one have a recommendation on the differences between the N26 and N24 speakers? Other than one is a 4" and the other a 6"..

Thanks,
Barry Evans

JBL N24AWII (Pr) Weather Resitant Speakers
http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_15081.htm

JBL N26AWII (Pr) Weather Resitant Speakers
http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_15082.htm

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing that really differentiates the two is that the N26 will extend lower in its frequency response since it has a larger woofer. Other than that it's really up to you.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
A friend has N26AW on his porch powered by a 10-year-old JVC amp, and they actually sound very very good.

I use the N24AWs as rear surrounds and if you like a fairly good bottom end, the N26s -- although quite a bit bigger, possibly too much so for aesthetic taste -- are far and away better in that category.

I actually own a pair that I've had in my garage for more than a year just waiting for some free time to mount them. But my wife might be transferred so I'm holding off for now.

Barry.Evans

Agent
Wow. Having never seen the 26's in person I had no idea they were so much bigger than the 24's. (4" vs 6" is really deceptive)

Now I have a brand new set of 26's that are too big to mount on the deck. OneCall will not exchange them because I opened the box. Guess that's just a lesson in why to shop locally.

Anyone want a brand new set of N26's that have never even been taken out of the box?

Marco_Chicago

Auditioning
I have the NSP1II speaker set which contains 4 N24's and 1 N-center. I was thinking of upgrading my mains to N26's. I would then move one of my front N24's for my rear center on my 6.1 setup. How much bigger are they than the N24's? How much do they weigh? From what I hear they are ALOT bigger so I plan on just getting a single N-center for the rear center.

Email me with Details and how much you would want for them shipped to 60656. [email protected] is my email.
Thanks,
Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks