Outdoor IR Products?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by johnnyLongwood, Jun 30, 2005.

1. johnnyLongwood

johnnyLongwood Auditioning

I have speakers out on my deck and would like to be able to adjust the volume using the remote control.

I have a Denon 3805 receiver, but do not want to fork over $200 for the Denon RC616(IR Retransmitter) & RC617 (IR Sensor) if I can avoid it.

My receiver is located in my den which is adjacent to my deck. I would like to place some kind of IR sensor in the window. Range from the deck to the window is

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Get an IR/RF universal remote such as the URC-9910.URC-9910 @ Surf Remote Control I use 4 of these, one for each remote zone. They work great & are relatively cheap.

-Dave

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
  4. johnnyLongwood

johnnyLongwood Auditioning

Thanks for the tip. I did a bit of poking around and read some reviews on the URC-9910. I found it at Buy.com for $33, just under $40 with shipping. Looks like it will do the trick. I'll let you know how it works out.

5. Kevin_Spradley

Kevin_Spradley Stunt Coordinator

I too use the 9910. I love this remote. It is also JP1 programmable which has allowed me to fully customize this remote to do anything I want it to. I bought it from buy.com and about 2 months after I purchased it, the L2 button quit working. Even though I outside the 30 day policy, they sent me a new unit after I sent the old one in. Great remote. I use the RF feature to control my DVR in the living room while I watch recorded shows in the bedroom. (other hardware also needed)