Outdoor home theater screen

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Danny_Briere, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Danny_Briere

Danny_Briere Auditioning

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Very cool... If I only had a bigger yard. That would be a cool way to throw a football party!

3. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

that is a great idea i think i can put the screen togher for less than 100 then all i would need to do is barrow a projector.

4. Danny_Briere

Danny_Briere Auditioning

Yeah, and more and more people have a projector at work, at school, at the library, etc. They're getting quite common.-danny

5. Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr* Agent

Looks like a fun idea. So do you have your normal HT speakers out there? You could get a FM transmitter and require everyone to bring boomboxes.[​IMG]

6. Danny_Briere

Danny_Briere Auditioning

Well I'm using my HT speakers only because I have not gotten around to dealing with it yet. I want to replace them with wireless speakers, hopefully from the house. Problem is that I'm pretty far away (>300ft). So i'm thinking about Wifi bridges daisy chained, ... dunno on performance. Yes to the FM transmitters, on that page I listed some options there. However, you lose the 5.1 aspect, which is what i really want to grow into. So what I really need is long range 802.11a/g wireless speakers so I can send the signal from my 5.1-based desktop Windows XP MCE platform, instead of my two channel laptop.

7. Terry Montlick

Terry Montlick Stunt Coordinator

Hi Danny,

I like your idea of going with 5.1. With an outdoor speaker arrangement like yours (assuming you use decent speakers), you could get outstanding sound! This is because you've got no room acoustics to deal with. The Great Outdoors is like one big anechoic chamber, with nothing to degrade the sound from your speakers. You are in the "near field" acoustical environment wherever you sit.

Regards,
    Terry