What's new

Outcome of intergrating Velo with SVS?? (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
When SVS comes out with there new line, I have been planning on integrating a PB1-PLUS or a PB2-PLUS with my two 15" Velo ct--cht Velo's. I think the PB2-PLUS should be the first to come out so most likely that is what I would pull the trigger on?> A good excuse. This would be some what of a intrusive corner stack but would be more cost effective if I could do so and get away with it?? I would be using this solely for 100%% HT. I know this con-fig would not be optimal but would it say do pretty well for me until or if I went with another like SVS?
__________________________>>

Tom V thinks I would get a 6-7 db boost if I integrated a PB1-PLUS which is great news to me. He definitely did not tell me this would be the best way to go though. I know it would not be and I would just consider this a two year project unless my wife has a big change of hart. No this will be a two year project! Integrating the PB2-PLUS of course would put me that much more ahead into the 120's. This is not my only criteria but is a definite priority along with sound, extension authority and headroom. Is there any experience out there in integrating two different makes of subs for just HT? Any thoughts on how you would think this would work out? When I started out with two different lesser subs it seemed to do OK.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
It's always easier to use all the same model and brand for the most seemless intagration but this should work.

The best thing you could do would be to get a BFD or some Eqivelent parametric. Allowing you to EQ both different brand and model subs seperatly if nesessaray. The Velos on one mono channel and the SVS on the other. It definitly would not be a throw away purchase. You would find use no matter where you go with new sub or subs in the future.
Even if stacked all together for max loading you may find the 2 brands response different and then coupled could be interesting.

A small price for allot of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks