Out with the old, in with the new...but HOW??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael X, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Michael X

Michael X Stunt Coordinator

Alright, I had no clue where to post this, theres no "general" forum (yet... [​IMG]) so, I figured either this or the OT section, and it IS HT related, soooo...
    I sure am having a lot of difficulty selling my HT, the speakers, the sub, the receiver, anything. It in MINT shape, not even a scratch on anything, as I've cared for everything incredibly well and its either been in use in my room or in the original boxes. The problem is, I can't seem to get anyone to check them out and be impressed so much by what great shape they're in and what a deal the price is to buy them! I've posted in the HTF For Sale and Trade forum often with these, want ads, internet ads, heck I've even got both little written cards and full-sheet with photo ads up at wal-mart. I'm getting pretty desperate and antsy because I am putting off buying a new full-bore 7.1 setup until I sell the old stuff, and I'm keeping the old stuff boxed up so it stays nice...so I've been living with no HT...argh! Did buy the only HT components that won't sell or what?
    Any ideas, tips or things I havent thought of to find the die-hard pioneer fanatics or just someone who wants a HT would be appreciated!

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    My first tip would be to change your address bar (Megatokyo) to a real city and state. The second thing I look for when searching the for sale forum is location (after price) and for all I know you could be my next door neighbor offering the deal of the century but I didn't know.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Make sure you're making available items individually-- especially around here. Very few people are looking for a package system- but might taken one or two things off your hands (looks like you are doing this however).

It's possible that the prices, although less than what you paid, is too high. I'm not familiar with the gear- but some items tend to fall in price very quickly.

Also, realize you only have 20 posts on this forum- so some folks won't be all that willing to deal with you.

I fall else fails, try ebay. A nice designed posting with pictures and links to reviews/documentation/specs usually nets pretty decent money over there.

-Vince

PS: Also curious why your location says MS now when your post says you're in Denver.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

And little things like that raise still more eyebrows. Be upfront with others if you expect them to be willing to send you cash.

5. Michael X

Michael X Stunt Coordinator

uh oh, I moved a few months ago from Colorado to Mississippi, the new post in the For Sale and Trade forum should say Mississippi, I assume me previous posts from when I was in Denver are still active on the forum then?
    Vince, can you delete any of those old ones for me? I know the member who started posts is suppossed to be able to delete them, but I don't think it really works that way once you have a whole thread going after your initial post...
    Sorry if it looked suspicious to anyone, maybe it would be useful and save some space if For Sale and trade posts were deleted by the admin. after the item has sold or a set period of time? Just a suggestion [​IMG]