What's new

OUT OF THE BLUE COMES OUT OF THE BLUE (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm pleased and surprised that ClassicFlix is releasing Out Of The Blue on Blu-ray disc very soon.

https://www.classicflix.com/blog/20...l-comedy-out-of-the-blue-coming-this-november

I've never seen this film and have wanted to for a long time because three actresses I like are in it: Virginia Mayo, Carole Landis and Ann Dvorak. (Against that are the two male leads, George Brent and Turhan Bey. I've never understood how they became leading men, even for a short time). The film was part written by Vera Caspary who soon after was blacklisted for her political leanings.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Robin, this news has made my day! I'm thrilled. I have seen it and it's a gem of an underrated screwball comedy. It's George Brent's best performance. He plays a henpecked husband and it was a surprise to see him do comedy so well. Ann Dvorak steals the film as a ditzy drunk.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Yes, great to see this being released on Blu-ray and interesting to see how quickly Carole Landis' status had fallen by 1947 as she is billed fifth, even behind Ann Dvorak. Beautiful woman and sad ending to her life. 29 years old!!!! I'm sure this will be another quality release from ClassicFlix as they're doing amazing work on these lesser known titles.

Reactions: PMF

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have not heard of this movie before, but my track record with ClassicFlix has been excellent, so I have no hesitation and immediately pre-ordered it.

I like how they use the original artwork.

out_of_the_blue_bd_web_800.png

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Not a movie that I had heard of or seen, but, in my opinion, it has two points going for it: 1) it's being described as a screwball comedy (a genre I've been enjoying discovering since I upgraded to Blu-ray) and 2) Classicflix is releasing it, so it's one I definitely hope to support!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The great Ann Dvorak! She goes back to the original, far superior version of Good News (1930).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never yet seen the film but I do have several publicity shots in my collection:

Out Of The Blue 2.jpg

It's going to be interesting seeing George Brent playing comedy!

Out Of The Blue 5.jpg

If Virginia looks like this in the film, I'll be glad it's presented in high definition!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks