Out of hospital after a week -- What'd I miss?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Jr, Mar 2, 2003.

1. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    Was hospitalized after a cat bite became quite infected requiring IV antibiotics for a solid week. Have been completely out of the loop HTF-wise. Did I miss anything important since Feb 21? Had severe withdrawal pains once I started getting better.

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Wow. I've never heard of a cat bite causing such problems. Was this your cat, or some wild, infectious tiger?

Glad you're feeling better.

3. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I'm glad you're doing better, David!

A friend of mine had a cat bite last year and had major complications, and now she can't move several fingers. [​IMG]

4. andrew markworthy

What you've missed:

(a) the sneak-released limited edition Star Wars DVDs were all snapped up within a couple of hours. Lucas has said there won't be any more officially on sale until at least 2010.

(b) giant sentient bananas supplanted the British Royal Family in a bloodless coup. So far few people have noticed the difference.

(c) aliens landed and are suing the producers of 'Taken' for defamation of character.

The usual quiet sort of week, really.

5. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for the update!!

I am able to move my infected finger, but not well and the progress is coming slow. Maybe another week before I can return to work. Thanks so much for your concern[​IMG] and sorry to hear about your friend Leila.

6. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Cats have nasty bacteria in their mouths. I had a cat attack me giving me several bites on both hands, and big gashes down my palm on one hand due to a hind leg. I ended up having blood poisoning and had to go in for an IV every 8 hours for a week and one arm was put in a cast. It's amazing how much damage a cat can do.

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

andrew,

You forgot to mention about Feb. 28th, where every DVD you added to your DVDEmpire shopping cart was FREE!!!!

8. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

Late last week, the FDA approved the treatment of bacterial infections with a prescribed combination of beer, DVD's and sex.

Shame you missed it.

-j

9. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Didn't miss much, other than what was mentioned. Glad you're better though. I was released out of the hospital last Monday myself, and my mom was Sunday.