Out For Justice (Steven Segal Movie) DVD disc labeled incorrectly

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eugene Esterly, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Several days ago, I watched Out For Justice (brought this movie last month) & it's a good movie except the DVD disc was incorrectly marked. It's a dual release, Widescreen on 1 side, P&S on the other side. Well, I inserted the disc on the Widescreen side & the screen cam up & said "this movie has been modfied to fit the screen). So I took out the disc & put in the side that said Standard & it was Widescreen.

The P&S version was on the side that said Widescreen & the Widescreen version was on the P&S side. The disc was labeled incorrectly.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Are you sure? Usually the side that says widescreen is actually the P&S side...so that when you put it widescreen side down in the tray, it says widescreen on the disc. Did I explain that okay?

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The side with the widescreen label means it's on the other side. The side with the P&S is the widescreen version.

4. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

Yea, But I think the original poster had it right anyway, Widescreen has to be readable on the disc when inserted in the player. I would not be surprised, first time I watched Lethal Weapon 2, (Original, not DC) i put on widescreen and it says PICTURE MODIFY FOR YOUR TV, I almost jumped to switch it, but the Black bars appeared, and the cozy feeling of true size came over, I love widescreen!!!!

Universal, I hate you for not releasing HAPPY GILMORE in OAR, Please Re-release this one!!!!!!

5. David Brashear

David Brashear Stunt Coordinator

The disc could have been mislabeled. My The Wild Bunch disc was mislabeled, Side A was actually Side B, and vice versa.