Our support is needed for Stargate 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Jun 20, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Taken from Comingsoon.com.....

Stargate co-creator Dean Devlin told Cinescape magazine he's ready to make a second and third film. Apparently the decision by MGM to make the first film in 1994 and then the TV show caused a riff between Devlin/Emmerich and the studio.

"Tell all the fans to write to MGM," Devlin said. "I'm ready to make part two and three anytime. I have the stories. It's all worked out. The actors want to do it. We just need MGM to say yes. Write, call, get on their website, get them to do it and I'll be the first one in line to do it."

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Which actors? How would this tie into the series. I'm personally a bigger fan of SG1 than I am of the film.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I think he's a little late.

It would have been more attractive before the TV series was made, and before they ruined their reputations by making a piece of crap called Godzilla. (or ID4, depending on your view.)

Jason

PS - They can't really use the TV characters anymore, since Jackson isn't on the team anymore. Ruins any sort of consistancy with the first film.

Jason

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

So what would we have to do to avoid future Stargate sequels? [​IMG]
    I'm just kiddin'. No thread-farter, I.

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Damn that thread fartin' Scott Weinberg. [​IMG]

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Actually Michael Shanks is signed for at least 1 movie, as is the rest of the TV cast

Any future movies will star the TV cast, and they're going into production sometime after season 6 wraps

Frankly, seeing the utter crap that D&E have turned out since Stargate, I'm VERY happy to have them as far away from it as possible. The TV cast took the baseline idea, and expanded on it so well, that it joins the handful of movie inspired series that were as good or better than the original (Buffy, MASH, Highlander etc)

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Amen to that Jeff.

8. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    I prefer the original cast from the movie. I don't think I would like future Stargate movies without James Spader and Kurt Russell. I've never been a fan of the TV series.

9. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

SG-1 is a defined improvement on Stargate: The Motion Picture. I like the characters and the stories 100% better. It's one of those rare instances where they've taken a mediocre-good film and made it an impeccable series.

I'll be supporting whatever SG-1 films they want to make, but I don't care to ever see a Devlin/Emmerich Stargate film again. The first one provided the basis for an excellent series, their work is done.

11. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Hell, I'd just be happy to get Stargate in a nice, clean, pristine, RINGING FREE DVD transfer! (both theatrical and Director's Cut please) [​IMG]
    I never got into MacGyverGate. [​IMG]

12. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Carlo, then the season box sets are a good and affordable way to give it a shot. Many people "never got into" a show until they got it in bigger bulk

13. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer