What's new

Our Puppy (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
Just found out this morning that our new puppy will arrive May 16. He's a Coton de Tulear (recognized by the American Rare Breed Association). We're calling him Gizmo right now but considering the date of his arrival (AOTC release date), maybe we should think of something more appropriate. Any ideas? Here's a picture of him at about 6 weeks.
Link Removed

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Cute puppy. Maybe you should call him Bugs. That looks like a big carrot he has in his mouth

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
What do you mean by the puppy arriving to you?

I think you should name it "Puppy" or "Doggy." I would've named my dog one of those if he hadn't been named already.

~T

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Oh my God, what a little cutie! :) Never seen that breed before.
Can't help you with a name though, sorry.

James D S

Screenwriter
Gizmo seems appropriate (color and cuteness). And if he freaks out when you try to bathe him, well....
(And when Mawgwis (sp?) are exposed to said water, they clone (more or less) into gremlin baddies - maybe "Gizmo" is more appropriate than you think. :) )

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Man, that is one incredibly cute puppy. Good to finally hear of an HTF member with GOOD pet news, I was starting to get depressed.:D

DennisHP

Second Unit
Whatever you name him/her, use a short name. They remember it sooner and it's easier to yell out the back door when you can't find 'em. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
gizmo :thumbsdown: thats too cliche' think of a new name. :) i ageree that bug's is good.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I think one of the best would be:
Diefer - pronounced "D-Fer"
Then, when people ask about the name you can say:
"Diefer dog" (aka..."D for Dog")
Eh? Eh? Funny stuff!:D

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Is that going to be a fairly small dog? I don't know anything about the breed, but it kind of looks similar to a Shit-zsu in size. If it is, go with a fairly vicious sounding name. You know, Killer, Kid-eater, Mauler, or even Spike. Or choose a name more associated with a cat or some other animal. Basically something that is completely different than what it should be.

RogerB

Second Unit
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually like a few of them!
The breeder is in Texas and I'm in Indiana so....I hope American Airlines is good to puppies.
Coton's weigh 10-12 pounds fully grown.
Here's a brief history of the breed:
The Coton de Tulear originates from the island of Madagascar, off the coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean. The breed derives its name from the French word coton, meaning "cotton," and from the Madagascan port of Tulear. Tulear was once a popular port of merchant ships sailing the Indian Ocean, and it is believed that around the 15th or 16th century, European merchants introduced various Bichon-type companion dogs to Madagascar. It is probable that the breed evolved from the interbreeding of those Bichon strains. It is presumed that because of their beauty and affectionate personality, these dogs were offered to the King and Malagasy nobles. In the 17th century, the Coton de Tulear was adopted by the ruling "Merina" tribal monarchy, and it was forbidden that anyone other than royalty own the breed. Thus became the breed's prevalent title of "Royal Dog of Madagascar."
See more pictures at Link Removed

Darren H

Second Unit
Steve. Name him Steve.

I'm a firm believer that every pet should be given a human name, and the more common the better. My cat Pete warmed up to his name quite quickly.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Human names may be better for cats than dogs. Imagine hearing your neighbor yelling one of these:
"Shut up Steve! Shut up!"
"Steve, you are a bad boy, a very bad boy!"
"Steve, stop drinking out of the toilet!"
:)
~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks