What's new

Our Burden Is Light: Or The Case Of The Semi-Existing DVD (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
All help is needed on this one.

My girlfriend this afternoon put me on a weird fucking mission. Find an indie film that she saw and loved at a film festival the other year on DVD. The film in question is Our Burden Is Light. I've never heard of this film before; but then again, my schmuck ass is usually off going to see such cinematic pieces of art like Paparazzi.

Brief History:
The DVD was released earlier this year by (groan) Madacy Entertainment, but then quickly discontinued. So we're dealing with an out-of-print title. She swears to me that the DVD exists. There's cover art. There's a UPC code. But I've seen no other proof that this film exists on DVD. No reviews, nothing. Hell, the film isn't even on DVD in another region (which then I could buy for her and then tell her to go buy a Cyberhome or Malata DVD player).

She wants this DVD more than anything else at the current moment, and since I am her loving and caring boyfriend, it is my goal to attain this DVD. As of now, I have seen no websites containing this DVD for sale. Not even people on eBay or Half.com are selling this DVD. What am I supposed to do?

Do I track down the people who made this film and ask them for a copy? Do I call Madacy and tell them that their DVDs suck, but I'd like a copy of this film on DVD? Do I sell my soul to the devil for a copy of the DVD?

And does this DVD even exist?!?!

Arrrrrrgh. It'd be easier to find a copy of the original Little Shop of Horrors: Special Edition at this rate. ;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
{censored for your protection}

I was about to congratulate you until I read the rest of your post. :)

BTW, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks