Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Dawn Wells
Maureen McCormick
Natalie Wood
Ann Margret
Elizabeth Montgomery (one of the sexiest women, ever)
Angela Cartwright (she was an older woman, I was 9, she was 12)
Julie Newmar

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My adolescent crush was Tiffani Amber Thiessen. I don’t think I missed an episode of Saved by the Bell when I was an early teenager.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
latest
Caroline-Munro-The-Golden-Voyage-of-Sinbad--copie.jpg

had a thing for dark hair

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
How could I have forgotten Lee Meriweather!?!?!?!!! I'd watch The Time Tunnel as much for her as the stories. She was also my absolutely favorite Cat Woman on the Batman TV series (OK... she was just in the movie but it's still the same show).

I met her at Actors and Others for Animals many years ago at Burbank Studios and she was very nice!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Angela Cartwright.

When I was the Easter Seals Poster Child, they asked me what stars I wanted to meet to promote selling Easter Seals. I said Angela Cartwright. Turns out not only did I meet her, but Robert Young and football coach Darrell Royal, too. Together we raised more than a million dollars to fight cerebral palsy.

I'm still pen pals with Angela today.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Katharine Ross in "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid"

A few more (they keep popping into mind)...

Katherine Ross also, when I was 17 and saw her in THE GRADUATE. Those eyes....

I also seem to recall having a thing for Natalie Wood in MIRACLE ON 34th STREET when I was a wee lad watching her on home t.v. every Christmas. Precocious -- she seemed to be smarter than me -- but cute as a button. And she sure grew up to be an adult crush of mine later in SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS.

Again as a youngster (age 6), I fell for Shirley MacLaine as Princess Aouda in AROUND THE WORLD IN 8O DAYS. She and my unsuspecting first grade teacher were vying for my affection.

I agree with RAH -- I was 10 when I saw SPARTACUS, and Jean Simmons simply melted me.

Oh, yeah -- I concur with Tuesday Weld. Incredibly desirable for an 18-year old (PRETTY POISON).

I guess my take on all of this is that, as we mature, we experience vivid fantasies and emotional longings that for the longest time seem completely out of reach...except up on that movie screen, where they are personified. It's sort of the vicarious testing ground for the romantic love we are probably born with and just don't know what to do with yet, a sort of flip side to our seeking out of scary movies as a means of getting a handle on our fears at a safe distance, until we are mature enough to cope with the real world.
Dunno...just thinkin'.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Oh, yeah -- I concur with Tuesday Weld. Incredibly desirable for an 18-year old (PRETTY POISON).
In the end, they are all pretty poison;
to which there will never be an antedote.;)

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
My (often painful) adolescence took place in the mid-to-late 1990s, and my crushes were a bit different from my peers':

Michael J. Fox
Rick Schroder
Mackenzie Astin
Kurt Russell
David Cassidy
Christopher Knight
Christopher Reeve
Chris O'Donnell
Jerry O'Connell
Brad Renfro
Chad Allen
Greg Bradford (Steve the delivery guy from season one of the Facts of Life)
Steve Zahn
Paul Rudd
Jason Bateman
David Morse
Peter Scolari
Joel Higgins
River Phoenix
Rob Lowe
Ted McGinley
Ted Wass
Bob Seagren (former pole vaulter who played Jodie Dallas's boyfriend Dennis Phillips, the quarterback, on Soap)
Brian Austin Green
Patrick Warburton
Fry from Futurama
Gregory Harrison
Jan-Michael Vincent
Woody Harrelson
Jeff Daniels
Jim Carrey
Dana Carvey
Bryan Callen
Dean Cain
Greg Kinnear

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My (often painful) adolescence took place in the mid-to-late 1990s, and my crushes were a bit different from my peers'...

If your adolescence was in the mid-to-late 90s, I'm sensing a lot of Nick at Nite and TV Land in your teenage years.

Same here, which is why you can pretty much list the 1995/1996 N@N line-up and figure out mine.

Mary Tyler Moore in the Dick Van Dyke Show years? Oy.

I also stumbled upon an E: True Hollywood Story about Bettie Page when I was about 15 that gave me an appreciation for brunettes with bangs that hasn't went away yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks