What's new

Otomo's Metropolis (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
While I was going throught the Final Fantasy DVD I came across the trailer for the Japanese anime Metropolis. It looked rather interesting. Has anyone had a chance to see this film? How was it? Any chance of it getting a theatrical release in the U.S.?
Brandon Smith
------------------
bdohtf.jpg

http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
[email protected]

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Link Removed shows Tri-Star giving it a "limited" U.S. release starting 9 November. Whether that means just NYC/LA or whether it will hit the second tier cities (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Toronto, San Francisco) or "any city with a boutique" house, I don't know. Seeing how it doesn't have any entry on Sony's site, I'm guessing a smaller rather than larger release.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's already been shown in LA, and it's showing in NYC in the next couple weeks. I know these prints are subtitled, I hope it remains so for it's tour, but I've heard that if it goes wide they're going to dub it *shudder*
Jeff Kleist

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Took a look at the trailer. It looks like an animated remake of Fritz Lang' "Metropolis" or at least loosely based on his movie. It looks interesting though. The only time I regret not living in a big city is when I hear of limited releases of films I have an interest in seeing. "Princess Mononoke" was a good example. I had to go to Edmonton to see that one in the theatre. It's about 1000 miles round trip from where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks