Otomo's Metropolis

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Reaction score
While I was going throught the Final Fantasy DVD I came across the trailer for the Japanese anime Metropolis. It looked rather interesting. Has anyone had a chance to see this film? How was it? Any chance of it getting a theatrical release in the U.S.?
Brandon Smith
------------------

http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
[email protected]

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor
Reaction score
www.filmreleases.com shows Tri-Star giving it a "limited" U.S. release starting 9 November. Whether that means just NYC/LA or whether it will hit the second tier cities (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Toronto, San Francisco) or "any city with a boutique" house, I don't know. Seeing how it doesn't have any entry on Sony's site, I'm guessing a smaller rather than larger release.

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Yes, it's already been shown in LA, and it's showing in NYC in the next couple weeks. I know these prints are subtitled, I hope it remains so for it's tour, but I've heard that if it goes wide they're going to dub it *shudder*
Jeff Kleist

Edwin-S

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Took a look at the trailer. It looks like an animated remake of Fritz Lang' "Metropolis" or at least loosely based on his movie. It looks interesting though. The only time I regret not living in a big city is when I hear of limited releases of films I have an interest in seeing. "Princess Mononoke" was a good example. I had to go to Edmonton to see that one in the theatre. It's about 1000 miles round trip from where I live.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corn Pop