1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Otomo's Metropolis

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon_S, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

While I was going throught the Final Fantasy DVD I came across the trailer for the Japanese anime Metropolis. It looked rather interesting. Has anyone had a chance to see this film? How was it? Any chance of it getting a theatrical release in the U.S.?
    Brandon Smith
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
    [email protected]

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

www.filmreleases.com shows Tri-Star giving it a "limited" U.S. release starting 9 November. Whether that means just NYC/LA or whether it will hit the second tier cities (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Toronto, San Francisco) or "any city with a boutique" house, I don't know. Seeing how it doesn't have any entry on Sony's site, I'm guessing a smaller rather than larger release.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, it's already been shown in LA, and it's showing in NYC in the next couple weeks. I know these prints are subtitled, I hope it remains so for it's tour, but I've heard that if it goes wide they're going to dub it *shudder*
    Jeff Kleist

4. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

Took a look at the trailer. It looks like an animated remake of Fritz Lang' "Metropolis" or at least loosely based on his movie. It looks interesting though. The only time I regret not living in a big city is when I hear of limited releases of films I have an interest in seeing. "Princess Mononoke" was a good example. I had to go to Edmonton to see that one in the theatre. It's about 1000 miles round trip from where I live.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer