Other speakers comparable to B&W DM-603 ?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by george_k, Nov 23, 2003.

1. george_k

george_k Agent

I'm considering a pair of DM603's to replace my current front speakers. Before I make this purchase I'd like to look around and compare other speakers from different manufacturers.

In the pricerange of the DM603 +/- $200 is there anything that in your opinions would be a better choice of speakers? These speakers will be used for about 70/30 (audio/hometheatre).

Thanks in advance!

2. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

I'd take a look at some Paradigm models, Monitor 9 or 11's, Studio 40's(though these are smaller, but in your price range). I went with Monitor 11's over the 604's personally. Maybe interested in the Onix Rocket series available online only? Though you'd have to pay shipping to go through the demo period.

3. george king

george king Supporting Actor

The Kef Q1s might be a good option for you.

4. Keith*D

Keith*D Agent

I would look at the Axiom M60 or the Rocket RS250 or 550. These brands sound very different, but are both great value for the money. Both Axiom and Rocket have center channels that are better (in my opinion) than the LCR600.

Keith

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I went paradigm mini-monitors over 601s, but there are lots of people that disagree with me. It's all taste, just listen to as much as you can.