1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Region DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Franklin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

I would like to purchase a few dvd's from other countries; particularly, ones that have DTS in English. I only know a couple of sites that are in the English language and accept US currency. Those sites are: cdjapan.com.jp, amazon.uk and cnl.com. I have established myself with all of these companies to purchase other region dvds. I would like to know if anyone else has had experience with other site that offer other region dvds.
    Thanks for your help in advance!! [​IMG]
    RF

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Both ebay and sold.com have Australian sites and auctions, where you will get mostly Region 4 DVDs, all in PAL. You won’t find, imo, much there that is not available in the States on a Region 1 DVD. Many there thought that Region 1 DVDs had more features. Buffy and a few Brit sitcoms were available before they were in Region 1. Personally I wouldn’t bother.

Might be worth the effort to check out some places in Singapore. A couple of stores on Orchard Road had a reasonable amount of Hong Kong flicks with English and Chinese subtitles. I can’t remember their names, but if they ship, you could probably find a URL. There are places in Sarangoon Road that have large numbers of Bollywood films, though I don’t know if any have subtitles other than in Tamil. They also have a large number of South Indian films with mostly without subtitles Again, I can’t remember names, but you might find a URL. You can also find titles in Bahasa (Malay).

I suggest Singapore, because the diverse cultures provide for a wide-range of DVDs. As almost all business is conducted in English, you should be able to contact local business with no problem.

3. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

The place for multi-region comparisons: DVD Compare
    The database for reviews from any region: Dvd Basen
    The site for multi region price comparisons: Dvd PriceCheck
    I order most of my R4 dvd's from Ezy Dvd, French R2 dvd's from Amazon.fr, and Spanish R2 dvd's from Dvd Go (English interface).

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Robert, foreign e-tailers such as those that you mentioned & others charge your credit card in their currency & your credit card company does the conversion to US $$$. You should not have any problem buying from any foreign e-tailers as long as they ship to the States.[​IMG]

5. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

6. YANG

YANG Second Unit

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Robert,
    Supposing you prefer English language sites, here are a few more.
    My experience with this one is excellent:
    Benson's World
    And here are a few others:
    Blackstar
    His Master's Voice
    All in the UK.
    Cees

8. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

For Region 2-4 DVDs with English DTS tracks, click the link in my signature. [​IMG]