What's new

Other CBS Shows VEI could release (2 Viewers)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I don't think this will happen, but I would pick up a complete series dvd set of the canadian show Street Legal. It lasted 8 seasons over the late 1980s -> mid 1990s. (There was also a revived season 9 last year).

I watched it more than other similar shows like LA Law.

I don't know if VEI would ever release something like this.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I don't think this will happen, but I would pick up a complete series dvd set of the canadian show Street Legal. It lasted 8 seasons over the late 1980s -> mid 1990s. (There was also a revived season 9 last year).

I watched it more than other similar shows like LA Law.

I don't know if VEI would ever release something like this.

if anyone was ever going to release Street Legal, surely it would've come out long before now, like maybe around 2004-05, when shows like The Hitchhiker and Bizarre were getting Canadian releases. The best recent chance of a release came and went when the revival series came out (and was promptly cancelled).

It seems like the media companies in Canada have pretty much given up on physical media and must only be interested in streaming. JC mentioned Tribal and some other recent shows having not much chance. I'm sure that's 100% true, given that perhaps Canada's most-watched new homegrown show Coroner never got a disc release.

Heck, even Corner Gas: Animated never got released.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Frank's Place and Brooklyn Bridge are the two short-lived shows owned by CBS whose absence is explicable yet disappointing, especially since those were actually supposed to come out.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
True, yet they wouldn't split the costs with a third-party independent distributor?

I strongly suspect VEI is not in a position to bargain, and cannot make any such demands of "splitting costs" with Paramount/CBS.

In such arrangements with outsourcing dvd/bluray releases, the original movie company holds all the cards.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The publishers seem to be more responsible for that state of affairs than the labels when it involves a popular recording of a song. In that case, you pay for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks