What's new

Other 70's Detective Shows? (1 Viewer)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I enjoyed Caribe with Stacy Keach. I don't remember it being on very long. If I remember correctly, he was headquartered in Miami. I also think this might have been a Quinn Martin show. I have not seen the show since it first aired, but I remember liking it and hoping to one day see reruns.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
How about Delvecchio starring Judd Hirsch? I haven't seen it (as I was only 3 or 4 when it aired),but I'd pick it up as a blind buy since Hirsch was in my all time favorite show.I think it only ran for one season.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
One episode of "Delvecchio" was released on Universal's "Brilliant But Cancelled" DVD. And they used a horrible looking print of 16mm origin that was not only a syndicated print it was also devoid of opening credits!

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Don't forget about Petrocelli, with Barry Newman in the lead role. I think he was a lawyer turned detective.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Wasn't Petrocelli (1974-76) a lawyer character only? Anyway, it's a good show I'd love to see it come out. A bit in the same vein is Kaz (1978-79) with Ron Leibman and Patrick O'Neal, and more court room battles in Hawkins (1973-74) with Jimmy Stewart, and in Owen Marshall (1971-74) with Arthur Hill and Lee Majors. Also neat to see again would be Toma (1973-74) with Tony Musante's undercover cop, the supernatural sleuthing of Gary Collins in The Sixth Sense (1972), the already mentioned shows Harry O (1973-76) and Delvecchio (1976-77). Great to see Timeless (bless them!) bringing out Hec Ramsey (1972-74), maybe they can also get McCloud (1970-77) from Universal, fingers crossed!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Hec Ramsey will be coming out next year, thanks to our good friends at Timeless.

Is this one still a go, Neil? Reason I ask is because I've been told that this series is NOT on the Timeless schedule.

Gary "hope this great show is still on tap for a release, but I'm a bit concerned" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm still wondering when that rumor about "Ellery Queen" will come to pass!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jack P

I'm still wondering when that rumor about "Ellery Queen" will come to pass!

Same here, but remember, we are in a depressed economy.

James

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, I've checked into the Hec Ramsey rumor and both a source I have outside of Timeless who has never once let me down on info and a person inside Timeless have told me they know nothing of a release. It appears this one isn't going to materialize any time soon.

Gary "it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this one" O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Well, I've checked into the Hec Ramsey rumor and both a source I have outside of Timeless who has never once let me down on info and a person inside Timeless have told me they know nothing of a release. It appears this one isn't going to materialize any time soon.

Gary "it's a shame because I was really looking forward to this one" O.

Gary, thanks for the update, even though it is bad news. I had this one on my radar; it can officially come off now.

Hopefully Ellery Queen is still a go. Perhaps the oft mentioned Snoop Sisters can finally become a reality as well. Since there weren't many episodes perhaps the Eve Arden Hildegarde Withers TV movie could be thrown in.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve...O

Gary, thanks for the update, even though it is bad news. I had this one on my radar; it can officially come off now.

I guess it's always possible that Timeless does have this on some long range radar, so I wouldn't give up entirely. But if it is in their future plans, it's not close enough to a release for my sources to know about it. And both the people I've communicated with have always given me info that's good for at least a 6 months ahead of any release. As I said, I guess it's possible Hec Ramsey may be coming down the road, but it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. Having said all that, Neil has always been spot on when he's mentioned upcoming releases, so I'm really scratching my head with this one.

Gary "I'm in for Ellery Queen as well if it happens" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Heck, that's not good indeed but barrels crossed that it's coming eventually like the other mystery movie shows have.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

I guess it's always possible that Timeless does have this on some long range radar, so I wouldn't give up entirely. But if it is in their future plans, it's not close enough to a release for my sources to know about it. And both the people I've communicated with have always given me info that's good for at least a 6 months ahead of any release. As I said, I guess it's possible Hec Ramsey may be coming down the road, but it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. Having said all that, Neil has always been spot on when he's mentioned upcoming releases, so I'm really scratching my head with this one.

Gary "I'm in for Ellery Queen as well if it happens" O.

Timeless is a pretty small operation and they have a lot of fat in the fire with Universal. Hec Ramsey is coming but its down the road. Currently they are prepping a bunch of other series to get out, like Coronado 9, State Trooper, Johnny Staccato, The Deputy and Soldiers of Fortune. Not to mention those huge Virginian season sets. But they will get to it, I promise.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Timeless is a pretty small operation and they have a lot of fat in the fire with Universal. Hec Ramsey is coming but its down the road. Currently they are prepping a bunch of other series to get out, like Coronado 9, State Trooper, Johnny Staccato, The Deputy and Soldiers of Fortune. Not to mention those huge Virginian season sets. But they will get to it, I promise.

Holy mackerel, Neil!!!! That's a huge update with a lot of stuff in the fire (as you say). The only series I knew was coming from Timeless was THE DEPUTY. Didn't know about any of the other ones. I just hope Timeless isn't overreaching. I wouldn't want them to drown, so to speak, in a sea of releases (especially in this economy). Of course I had the same concerns with Shout and they seem to be doing alright.

My guess is that the individual I corresponded with who actually works at Timeless isn't in a position to know long range plans.

Thanks for the update!

Gary "that's some semi-rare material if they can get it all out" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Of the TV shows mentioned in Neil's post above, the ones I'm interested in (after having looked at their EpGuides.com and TV.com pages) are Coronado 9 and Johnny Staccato (I didn't know John Cassevettes starred in his own TV series).

Apologies for asking this, but what is the website address for Timeless?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Apart from all the great shows mentioned so far, I'd also love to see The Name Of The Game (1968-1971/Universal) with its sea of famous stars which Timeless or any other interested party may want to look into, since it might not be one of the studio's top priorities momentarily despite its cult status. Or perhaps because of that.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
At some point soon, Timeless is going to run out of "Timeless kind of shows", i.e., westerns. Depending on whether or not they can open doors at any of the other studios, they would then have to delve deeper into Universal's vaults and see what they can come up with. I would love to see them do a set of The Outsider with Darren McGavin from 1968 which was essentially the precursor to The Rockford Files with a very similar premise. The McGavin Mike Hammers would also be a nice release for them and we know they were remastered to tape for Encore. And one of the rarest 1960s shows is The Road West, which is also a Universal series.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There's also still a dozen episodes of "Arrest And Trial" that haven't been released that Timeless should try and do (including the pilot).

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Any Longstreet fans out there? That title tops my 70s detectives 'most wanted' list, along with more McMillan & Wife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks