What's new

OTA options in a STB (1 Viewer)

Tomas_S

Agent
Are there any STB boxes that will include OTA channels with the regular channel listing? I'm sick of switching inputs!
It would be so nice if I could just flick through local and DirecTV channels just like cable does! Is this possible? Do I make any sense?
------------------
Tomas (t Link Removed' m Link Removed s)

Chip E

Screenwriter
You can do it with Dish Network, i do.. All the local channels are in the same guide on the same input (after you add your locals, they simply appear in the guide)
Chip
biggrin.gif

Tomas_S

Agent
Damn that sucks...Any DirecTV solutions...I guess I'm willing to switch, just not right now.
------------------
Tomas (t Link Removed' m Link Removed s)

Darold_Brins

Agent
Tomas,
If you are willing to go the HD route the DST-3000 does exactly that - eliminates several remotes :)
Darold "Brins" Brinley

Rob Roth

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that Directv would integrate local channels IF you have the multisat dish AND pay them $5/month. Am I wrong?

Yes, you would have to subscribe to actually get the channels that are listed....but since they re-direct the channel numbers to the broadcast channel numbers the listings are right there next to your antenna channel!
Works better if you get all your stations OTA, not so well if you (like me) get yours via cable and the cable company switches numbers around.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks