OTA hdtv in Kansas City....?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David.N, Nov 5, 2002.

1. David.N

David.N Agent

I have had my integrated Mitsu 55" hdtv for almost a year now. I am interested in knowing what OTA digital or HD channels anyone is receiving around here. (KC Metro area) I am using an omnidirectional attic antenna with a motorized rotator. I also live at the south end of the city.
    Currently I get:
    KCTV (3 or 4) simulcasts
    WB
    UPN
    KMBC (ABC)

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Try www.titantv.com
    Put in your address and it will give you the most up to date list of all channels broadcasting digital in your area..

3. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I think that KCPT was the first to broadcast in hi def. Otherwise, I don't know of anyone doing it yet.

4. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Time warner Cable on the Kansas side has KCPT, ABC, & FOX HD channels. Of course the Fox signale is 480p not HD & last time I checked the ABC channel was blank. PBS has all the good stuff anyway.

5. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Here is the info from channel 9's web site.

KMBC DT CH 7/KCWE DT CH 31

We began construction of our DTV facilities in the fall of 2001. KMBC DT-7 went on the air at full power allowed by our FCC license on April 26, 2002, for testing. We started broadcasting regular scheduled programming on April 30. The chosen HD format for the ABC network is 720p.

KCWE DT-31 went on the air May 3. The UPN network does not provide HD programming at this time. The programming is converted from analog to digital. As soon as the UPN network starts providing HD programming, we will pass along the HD programming to our viewers.

How to view KMBC DT CH 7/KCWE DT CH 31?

Both KMBC DT-7 and KCWE DT-31 broadcast from 12 p.m. through 11 p.m. each day. You will need a HDTV Receiver to convert the digital signal to a format your monitor or TV can use. The receivers are available from many area electronic vendors and prices vary. The use of a good quality external antenna and feed line is reccommended. In fringe areas a preamplifier should be used with the antenna.

KMBC DT-7 is available on Channel 1421 on the Time Warner Cable system.

KMBC DT-7 and KCWE DT-31 are not available on Direct TV or EchoStar satellite systems.