What's new

OTA HD Receiver (1 Viewer)

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still looking for ideas on a good inexpensive OTA HD receiver. They are all over eBay, but I don't know which ones are good, or not so good.

Brian

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I got a NOS Samsung 151 last year and I've been very happy with it. Samsung seems to be a staple in the industry.

John S

Senior HTF Member
They all seem to work pretty well anymore. Even the Wally World model. (Walmart)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have a Samsung 151 as well. No complaints, but not as feature laden as newer models.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I've got a Samsung 165. Complaints? Well, I've had a few.

For a week or two, I lost access to my local PBS station because the reciever couldn't properly decode the funky PSIP data WETA was sending out. It's also not as sensitive as some of the newer tuners.

On the other hand, it does have RGB and firewire. Someday, I shall try out the latter feature.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Just upgraded to the LG 4200, this is my 3rd reciever in 5 years. It's the best I ever used.

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
Dan, I did not get your PM. Please send me email to [email protected].

The Samsung 151 does not have HDMI output. Is that critical? My new Samsung 4663 has HDMI inputs, so I'd like to use it if possible (best picture, right?).

Brian

Adrian D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
The only knock on the Samsung 151 is that it is one of the weakest OTA receivers in locking in on signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks