OTA Digital With Tosh DST-3000 - Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_Arnold, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Dave_Arnold

Dave_Arnold Auditioning

A question for anyone who has this STB - I have the DST-3000 connected to an HDTV and have an OTA antenna connected to antenna in. The local PBS station recently started broadcasting a digital signal, but I'm unable to pull it in. If I go into the setup menu and check the signal quality for the channel that they are broadcasting the digital signal on, it goes off the chart (all the way up to 100), but when I do the local channel scan or punch in the channel number, I don't get anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I've probably left out some critical piece of information here, but don't know what it could be.

Thanks for any help!

2. Wes Stover

Wes Stover Stunt Coordinator

Ran into the same issue. Had to clear the channels through the setup menu and then re-Scan.

3. andyg

andyg Agent

My Sony STB went wacky after a rescan a few months ago. After removing the power for an hour and re-running the scan, the channels were in the correct locations and the picture was fine. As an aside, what are you using for an antenna? Any amp?

---Andy Garabedian

4. Jerry C

Jerry C Extra

Had the same experience with my DST-3000 and our lone HDTV channel when it began broadcasting last November. Here's what worked for me.

My local station (ABC afffiliate) broadcasts its HD signal over channel 59 and its analog signal over channel 25. With my DST-3000, the HD channel maps to 25-1. I can enter this directly on the DST-3000 remote by using the "dash" button.

So try entering a "-1" or "-2" onto the number of the station's analog broadcast channel. Bet it works if you're getting a 100% signal strength.

5. Dave_Arnold

Dave_Arnold Auditioning

Thanks for the posts!
    I unplugged the unit for a few hours, cleared the local channels, and then performed a re-scan, and now the digital feed shows up on the guide on channel 46-1. You guys make a great tag-team! [​IMG]
    And the picture is awsome - almost looks 3-D on my Elite Pro-610! [​IMG]
    I do have one "new" problem, though. While watchng the feed (PBS), every so often the screen will blank out for about a second, and when it comes back there will be no sound. Then if I wait long enough (anywhere from 30 secs to maybe a couple of minutes), it will flash again and the sound will come back. I originally thought it may just be the feed, but when it happens if I immediately switch to another channel and then switch right back, the sound will come back too (for a while). I don't think it's the HD output on the box, because neither HDNet nor HBOHD do this - only on this local digital channel. Anyone having this or similar problems?
    BTW, I'm not sure what brand of antenna I have - the local sat. installers put it in my attic (at my request), and I haven't been up there yet to look at it. I'll find out what kind it is and post it. Yes, I do have an amp. (Winegard) also.