What's new

OTA antenna with directv (1 Viewer)

paul dock

Auditioning
I have Directv with the HD package, Looks great. The bad thing about it is that you cant get FOX,ABC or NBC with the sat. dish. Any advice as to a ota antenna would be great. I live about 40 miles from new york city, not many trees by my house. (if that matters)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you live in the NYC DMA then you should be able to get CBS and NBC via satellite. Fox will be added soon.

New York isn't your average place for OTA HD. The antennas were on top of the WTC. I think they have been moved to the Empire State Building.
AntennaWeb will give you recommendations for the size and type antenna you need. My guess is a Channel Master 4228 (~$50) would work just fine.

-Robert

paul dock

Auditioning
Robert, Directv will be getting Fox soon? Do you know when? The reason I ask, is because I also have the football package with Directv. They broad cast a handfull of games in HD, But the N.Y Giants get blacked out from football package because its a locale game (Fox).

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Normally, DirecTV doesn't announce ANYTHING until right before it happens. They announced Fox a few months ago and not a peep about NBC. Well, they've added NBC and not another word about Fox. They may wait until after football season since they are currenlty squeezing 3 HD channels per transponder. They are bit-starving some of them also and people over at AVS are noticing a reduction in picture quality. Is it a coincidence that DirecTV is also offering six months of the HD package for free? Probably not.

-Robert

paul dock

Auditioning
Thats funny you say that the picture quality is down on the hd. I thought the same thing, its not as crisp as it was last month.Hopefully they will fix that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks