What's new

OT: Please Donate Blood if in U.S. (1 Viewer)

Dan_Myers

Agent
Guys, sorry to post this off topic here but I thought it was very important. Important enough to be banned if is the case. But if your in the U.S. please go donate blood it is goind to be needed very badly!!!!

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
Same thing goes for your friendly neighbors to the North. Everybody should lend a helping hand.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I am pretty near positive that we will be coordinating a specific blood donation for the tragedy. We have blood donor clinics on a semi regular basis in the Greater Toronto Area. I couldn't give earlier this year because I had poison ivy in April, and then I had a cold in May. I will be giving blood whenever I find out how and where I can do it.
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 11, 2001 at 01:39 PM]

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Call your local Red Cross or Blood Bank before just showing up.
Here in Pleasant Hill, CA, the line was around the building. Someone came out and announced it was a 3 hour wait to give blood. They took names and numbers so they can call and schedule donation times. This also gives them a chance to setup donation centers.

KeithR

Second Unit
There was a 5 hr wait just to get an appointment. Still, blood will be needed. Most hospitals in lower manhattan have run out of certain blood types.
I was 10 blocks away watching both buildings fall...the scariest I personally have ever seen.
Sincerely from NYC,
keithr

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
I'd like to add that donated blood is a perishable item. It degrades even with today's preservatives and refrigeration. Ideally, it is used within 60 days. While it is popular to donate blood for the current crisis, please remember again later for those who will have recurrent needs for quite some time.

Kay_A

Auditioning
Well, I am too far from the disaster and my blood rh is +. Deep condolence to all your relatives, broters and sister there.
Here or there, this is something we must condemn for any reasons.
K.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And don't forget to sign yourself up as an organ and tissue donor. The many burn victims will need to have access to skin grafts for months and years to come. If something untoward should happen to you, your skin could help save someone's life. While cadaver skin is useable, fresh skin has no equal in relieving the agony of a burn victim and minimizing rejection.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my local red cross has asked us to come back in a couple of weeks and donate at that time. i think someone told me you can go down there and make an appointment. i'm sure this is simply due to them being inundated with volunteers. i'm still going to go down when they're ready for me.
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
Once I heard they needed the O types I told my wife and went right to a donor area. I am O- and my wife is O+.
They are the rarest of the blood types.
We will go again as soon as they let us.
Good Luck and God Bless America
Sincerely,
Jake T
------------------
Jake T
--"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
----Russel Crowe, Gladiator

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Touching on what has been mentioned before, blood centers are reaching capacity fast in many areas and they are highly recommending for people to come back in 1 to 2 weeks to donate. Also, I was told today by the Red Cross people here that blood only is good for 47 days, on the average. It's truly inspirational to see so many people devoted to a common good.
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
If you really want to help, become a regular blood donor - remember to sign up and go again in 2 months (when you are eligible to donate again).
Blood donations are given freely just to help others (which is a good thing to do)....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks