OT: How much is Panasonic RP82 worth?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by elMalloc, Sep 7, 2003.

1. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Just wondering, how much is the Panasonic RP82 DVD player worth? I'm goign to be moving out of my parents house, and trying to charge my parents 50% of the used value for any items they are keeping from me (that I bought, but they use -so I can buy new equipment later on).

Thanks,
    ELmO

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Personnaly that 82 is worth to much to sell to your parents. Its a highly coveted player and if yiu search ebay you'll see its going for quite a lot. I'd keep it and buy your parents another player to use as you'll not find a replacement for the 82 at anywhere near that price that will do as well in the video dept.

3. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    I paid $110 shipped for a used one here on HTF.

4. Scott McC.@home

yeah, it goes for >$300 on ebay these days, so I'd keep it, even around here it routinely sells for greater then $250.

5. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

OK Thanks.
    I'll keep it, but are there any faroudja/sage dvd players that are cheap? I doubt it anymore..

PS I know it was going for nearly $400 a few months ago when it was dicontinued. $110 is a steal if it was at that time.
    -ELmO

6. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

The 82 craze seems to have died down now that people know that the XP30, 50 and CP72 also have the Farjouda and have near identical video performance.

Didn't you have the 82 that got messed up afer a non-region 1 was put in it? I remeber a long thread about something like that?

7. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

You are charging your parents for stuff?

Aaron

8. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Well for me, the RP-82 is worth $0 Just sent mine back to panasonic because it is inoperable after less then 1 year. Now they want $90 for a replacement. Forget it. I will never buy Panasonic again!

9. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I got $240 used on ebay for mine. [​IMG]

10. Laszlo

Laszlo Stunt Coordinator

11. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Yeah something's up with Panny players. I own an RP91 and am happy with it, it was "king of the hill" for quite a while (and with it's scaling of 4:3 material and my "Lock on Full w/ Progressive Signal" TV it still is). But the RP82 came and went, replaced by the XP30/50 which are now impossible to find, and then now the cheapie stuff they've got out there. I think Panny QC prolly got screwed up in those middle years between the debut of the RP91 and now.

I'd just hand it down to your parents if they need one. There will be new king-of-the-hills coming out and at pretty affordable prices, you can bet on it.

12. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Hopefully, Panasonic will come out with a replacement for the 91. Although I haven't heard any reports regarding Panasonic from CEDIA. I have both a 91 and an XP30, and they are both great players. The 91's scaling is a thing of beauty.