What's new

Oscar winning actress Louise Fletcher dies at 88 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Was very sorry to read this as I logged on tonight. She certainly made a chilling impression in Cuckoo's Nest, and I always enjoyed her whenever she popped up in subsequent films or television programs. A very talented, subtle actress who will be missed.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sad news indeed.

Legendary as Nurse Ratched.

Could any other actor have embodied and imbued Kai Winn so totally as did Louise Fletcher? Doubt it.

I’ve seen her in other things too, of course, but those are the top two credits in my book as well.

So commanding and terrifying was she in those roles that I think I’d run in the other direction if I had ever seen her walking towards me.

What towering performances.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I’ve seen her in other things too, of course, but those are the top two credits in my book as well.

So commanding and terrifying was she in those roles that I think I’d run in the other direction if I had ever seen her walking towards me.

What towering performances.
GIF by The Academy Awards
RIP

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sad news indeed.

Legendary as Nurse Ratched.

Could any other actor have embodied and imbued Kai Winn so totally as did Louise Fletcher? Doubt it.
Two iconic roles, two decades apart.

She was also great as William H. Macy's mother on "Shameless", even later in her career.

She was a CODA, too, and her signing to her parents at the end of her Oscar acceptance speech was probably the most prominent depiction of ASL in mainstream culture up to that point.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
She was a great actress. She was a huge presence on Star Trek Deep Space Nine as Kai Winn, and it was her often subtle menacing that gave the show a lot of depth.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
She was a great actress. She was a huge presence on Star Trek Deep Space Nine as Kai Winn, and it was her often subtle menacing that gave the show a lot of depth.
Another one gone - what a horrible year MAY SHE R.I.P

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Nurse Ratchet, Kai Winn, she seemed to relish roles that appeared "innocent" but covered a sinister presence. Enjoyed those two particularly, but also enjoyed seeing her work in several classic tv series (looking rather nice).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks