What's new

Oscar winning actress Cloris Leachman dies at age 94 (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
damn,

and of all of her great work, I picture her smoking a cigar, offering Ovaltine, but really so much more, with a career that spanned form 1948 -2020, just amazing, so the question is Last Picture Show, or voice work in The Iron Giant.

RIP

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
R.I.P. Ms. Leachman.

Certainly not her most well known role, but the first thing that popped into my head was her guest starring role on Two and Half Men in the episode Madame and Her Special Friend. She played Charlie's elderly neighbor and had a brief dalliance with Alan. She was pretty terrific in this role. "Give it back." :)

- Walter.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Curiously, the first film of hers that came into my head upon hearing the news of her passing was not one of her more famous roles (Last Picture Show, Young Frankenstein, Mary Tyler Moore Show) but the terrified girl in a trench coat picked up by Mike Hammer in Kiss Me Deadly. Knowing of her fate, she says, "Remember me".

We will, Ms. Leachman, we will.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I think she might be the fourth one to pass on from the 70s CBS MTM (Ted Baxter, MTM, Valerie Harper, and now her).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One of the great comedic actresses of all time. Playing Maw Maw on "Raising Hope" in her late eighties, she was as sharp and hilarious as ever.

raisinghope-beard.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Was shocked to see the notices of her passing when I logged on tonight. She seemed like one of those wonderful actresses (like Olivia DeHavilland) who were never going to leave us. Loved her in so many things and truly will miss her. For the longest time, she held the record for the number of Emmys won by a performer. Betty White may have tied her with her most recent win, but I'm not sure. Cloris may still hold the record.

R.I.P.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
On a side note, I work near where MTM threw the hat in the air during the opening credits and this is what the statue there has looked like since last April. Curious to see if there's anything special there tomorrow...

56AF0D46-B5E7-4478-BF87-7508249FD6AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks