Oscar nom Doc, Weather Underground, 5/25

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TimJS, Mar 3, 2004.

1. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

Haven't seen this on any of the usual sites, but the Oscar nominated Weather Underground is being released by Docurama on May 25th. Docurama will also be releasing Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's (1997) on the 30th of May.

Weather Underground is up for pre-order at Amazon .

Tim

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

This is a very good documentary. It could have gone deeper/been more extensive but the interviews with Weathermen members where we learn their individual motivations for becoming terrorists offer a fascinating glimpse of this brief period of political radicalism in US history.

It's showing on PBS in late April in Atlanta. If you're interested in seeing it before buying blind, keep an eye on your PBS listings.

3. JonathanG

JonathanG Stunt Coordinator

really? I just saw this in the theatre and was surprised on how graphic some of the Vietnam footage was and the 'staged' semi-explicit group sex scene. I sure it will offend someone who decides to watch this on Public tv.

any word if are there will be an extras on the DVD?

4. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

According to Docurama's web site, features include:

Commentary from Former Weathermen Bernardine Dohrn and Bill Ayers; Filmmaker Commentary; Original Weathermen Audio Communiques; Bonus Film on Former Weatherman David Gilbert: "A Lifetime of Struggle," Excerpt from the Emile de Antonio Film "Underground;" Filmmaker Biographies; Filmmaker Statement; Spanish Subtitles; Interactive Menus; Scene Selection

Now up at DVDPlanet too.

Tim

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I am definitely buying this DVD. I was a college student in the late 60s so I have very vivid memories of the Weathermen and the days of war protest. This will be a great DVD to go with The Fog of War.