What's new

Osbournes Season 1 Uncensored - gives you choice of censored/uncensored soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But, um, Osbournes isn't a "scripted, rehearsed TV show". It's a "reality show".

The point of the show is to look in on how this family lives and act. Censoring what they do and say is kind of getting in the way of that, doncha think?
But it's not LIVE, nor could it be seen LIVE, like a concert or stand-up special on HBO.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Holy [bleep]! I can't [bleep] believe this debate. It's really pretty [bleep] simple. For a lot of people out there, all the [bleep] that gets bleeped out is a big [bleep] part of why it's so [bleep] funny. Also, as Morgan pointed out, that's the way the original [bleep] were aired.

;)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Funny considering the bleeps (on SouthPark) are intentional and are there for comedic effect.
Again, what's so comedic about bleeps??!?!? If it's so funny then why didn't they use them in the movie?

If The Osbournes was intended to be seen bleeped, then why was it not shown that way everywhere else in the world....seems like another case of Eyes Wide Shut to me. I would argue that if the "artistic intention" was for it to be seen bleeped, then that's how it would be seen throughout the world. After all, if it's funnier that way (as several of you seem to think it is) then wouldn't they want everyone to see it bleeped?

Whatever, we'll all have the choice to watch it however we wish. Personally, I'm happy that I'll never have to hear those annoying bleeps again but that's just my personal preference.

Jeff

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Again, what's so comedic about bleeps??!?!? If it's so funny then why didn't they use them in the movie?
Because the lack of bleeps in the movie is what made that funny. Up to that point, the only way you heard the Southpark kids was with bleeps (unless you watched the first christmas bootleg). So that was the twist, or the one thing that made the movie different from just an extended episode of Southpark.

Osbournes may be in a different category, but for Southpark it IS an artistic intention. Matt Stone and Trey Parker have said that in interviews.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching all of the Osbournes episodes and I definitely like it without the Bleeps. I don't see any humor in bleeping a show like this.

South Park understands this "censorship" and uses the bleeps to its advantage to make things funnier (or emphasize the swearing) just as Seinfeld and the Simpsons have even done once.

The bleeping on the Osbournes gets TOO annoying. It is not at all used as a comedic tactic, so I don't buy the fact that it is funnier with it in.

Also considering that the Bleep is a 1kHz tone that they throw at the beginning of video tapes (which I hear WAY too often at work), I'm THRILLED that I do not have to hear that infernal sound while watching the episodes.

Kudos Miramax! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks