What's new

Orlando ABC 39-1 is up and running!!! (1 Viewer)

Joel Smith

Agent
I dont know if they are just testing it this afternoon, but as of 3:00 the channel is on the air. Go check it out. Whohoo getting soap opera in dolby digital. LOL. Oh well, I hope this time it is up for good.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
That is good news, will have to check it out when I get home..
------------------

Joel Smith

Agent
Seems to be back down. I was receieving a signal strength of 94 before but now the dreaded weak signal. It looked good while it was up, hopefully they are close to going truely live with the channel.

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Just locked it in!
Already found two issues.
1. The sound is low. It seems to match the HDTV showtime/HBO volume, which is ok but when I switch to Fox 35 OTA I get blasted.
2. In SD mode the screen doesn't fill like with FOX, I still have black borders and there is a small interference line across the top. HD mode looks great, even at 4/3. Hopefully NYPD tonight will be 16x9.

Joel Smith

Agent
Glad to hear you locked on, lets just hope they decide to keep it up for tonight. Hey I dont see any problems(wink, wink)works perfectly should keep it up tonight for NYPD Blue.

Joel Smith

Agent
Nope they are down. I was hoping that they would stay on and give nypd a test run in high def but alas we will have to wait until next week. Anyone have a personal contact over at abc let us know what their plans are.

Joel Smith

Agent
Not from my understanding. I was watching it also. I noticed twice when they tried to throw the switch that it failed. Looked like they had some equipment problems. Thats okay, they are on the right track. Hopefully they will have this all resolved by this weekend.

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Same here, I got the feeling when the screen went nuts a couple of time with pink noise, they were trying the 16x9 switch. Oh well, baby steps are better than nothing.. Thanks for the effort so far WFTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks