What's new

Original version of Superman (1978) on Blu? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Hello All,

I was just curious if there was any word on when (or if) we will see the original version of Superman on Blu? The extended cut was released a few years back, but I'm sure I'm not alone in when I say that I prefer the original version.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
We do need a better version on Superman on BD. Both cuts of the film with lossless audio and all the features of the DVD release. Unfortunately, there probably isn't much of a chance of this happening until the next Superman film is due out. Studios may still be reluctant at this point to start double dipping on BD as well.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
A reissue of the previous dvd isn't interesting to me>> They left out about 40 minutes of deleted scenes that he could have/should have included. These were the scenes shown on television that, while they mostly suck, I still wanna see again!

Cassy_w

Second Unit
How about the original soundtrack? The recent DVD release got it, so why not the BD? I really hate the remix.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
While I do not hate it, I do have problems with it and much prefer the original. They could do a 2.0 ch PCM for the original and still have room for the remixed 5.1 using lossless. I think that would work.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I could swear WB said somewhere a while back they would release the entire Superman 14 disc set on blu

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks