What's new

Original Twilight Zone SEASON SETS (apparently) are coming... (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
True. Very true.
I guess there aren't many Simpsons that are linked to other episodes. (A few I think, but not too many.)

Mark Tay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Seeing Serling at the end of each episode, doing all of the next week promos, would definitely make me purchase this.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
In earlier discussions of the Twilight Zone dvd sets it has been mentioned more than once that the episodes on most of the early discs were mastered from video tape. Is that true, and, if so, does Image plan to remaster those particular episodes from negatives?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
tHIS IS GREAT NEWS IF IT'S TRUE! Just this morning I was thinking that I should bite the bullet and start getting the current sets before they disappear.

Looks like I'll hold out a little longer and see how this plays out. I too remember how the initial discs appeared to be video ports. If these new ones are remastered, I'm so sold on these I'll grab them on day of release! I've been wanting to get TZ since columbia house started pimping out the VHS collections back in the eighties (my inherant cheapness always prevented me from getting these before, they were always pricey compared to other releases.)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I e-mailed Image and received a response about 20 hours later (these guys are good). They are "hoping to begin" releasing original TZ sets in late 2004.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Well, some of the shows were SHOT on video, but agreed, they really should do new transfers of the filmed ones.

Anal/geeky alert: as originally broadcast, the end credits had a picture of a sponsor's product (like a bottle of dishwashing liquid) in the corner. Modern broadcasts fuzz it out. I don't have any of the current sets, but I doubt they're there. I'd like to see these restored for completeness sake, but I'm not holding my breath.

It would also be nice to see the original non-TZ version of "An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge", as well as the TZ one. (Granted, not a lot of differences, just some snips here and there.)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
They'd probably have to acquire a whole new set of rights to include the original award-winning French short subject "Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge". The rights holders should distribute this as a stand-alone DVD (if they haven't already). I'd rather Image spend the money on more Zone-related extras. The kind of stuff that would make these no-brainers for even those who own the 5 collections. Stuff like:

* Audio commentaries on multiple episodes per set, with Marc Scott Zicree and surviving cast/crew/writers
* The aforementioned "next week's show" teasers by Rod Serling
* A documentary on Rod Serling (at least the one included on the seperate Serling disc now available from Image)
* A documentary on the huge cultural impact and staying power of The Twilight Zone

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
What would also be cool, although it probably won't be done, is to have a shuffle play option similar to that on the Schoolhouse Rock dvd....that way you wouldn't know what episode from that season will pop up next. Would give the sets a nice ironic feel, to go along with the show!

JasonFFF

Auditioning
anyone hear anything regarding the Season sets? I emailed IMAGE DVD about a month ago and they acted like they had never heard of such a thing. Unfortunately I lost the Email....oops!

if I remember correctly the exact words were something like....

"we currently have no plans to rerelease The Twilight Zone....etc.."

did anyone else email them?

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Frankly, since I'm currently stuck on 3 of the 5 boxed sets, the longer this gets delayed the better I'll feel (and even if it does come out I won't double dip).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm holding off on buying the current sets until we see something official.

Please oh PLEASE make it true!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Gords site is reporting that Fangoria is now reporting that Image has a target date of Oct 26 for the first season of the original TZ.
Image though sounds like they may have a little trouble making this time frame- but hopefully by end of the year- and then every 4 months there after.

they are still apparently compiling extras and working out the sched for commentaries.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Release dates for all seasons of the original 50's series..

Season 1 - 12/28/2004
Season 2 - 3/29/2005
Season 3 - 6/28/2005
Season 4 - 10/18/2005
Season 5 - 12/27/2005

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks