What's new

Original SVS driver applications (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I can't get the search engine to work on HTF, and am thinking about getting an original SVS 12" driver for an inexpensive sub coupled with the new $65 sub amp from PE.

Could somebody post the original T/S parameters or approximations for that driver, and/or opinions would it work in a smaller box?

I'm looking to build a smallish box, mostly for music and some movies. I was going to build sealed, but can't remember if this driver will work well for that or not.

If somebody can give me a quick answer I would appreciate it. I haven't been able to get the search engine to work all day, always comes up with "no results". . .

thanks!

Wes

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The original SVS driver models EXTREMELY close to the Adire Shiva. Most people use the Shiva T/S specs when modeling enclosures for the original SVS drivers. I beleive the Shiva may have 1 or 2 mm more excursion, but they're pretty much interchangable when doing calculations.

You may want to consider the $89 250watt plate amp from MCM. More than double the power, which is a fairly noticable increase, for only $25 more.

Good luck with your project :)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
I checked, and the MCM amp is now out of stock with an 110 day lead time. This sub project is a gift for a small apartment room paired with some little TB W3-871 home theater setup, so I don't need a ton of output. I also need it to be quite small.

I'll probably build a smallish Q .67 or so sub with this amp and the SVS driver (if I get it) and plan on some room gain to bring up the bottom a bit. I'm aiming more for music than HT with this one. . .

Thanks for your reply-

Wes

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Dayum, that's a long time. I just sold two of those puppies on Ebay, too. I didn't realize they would be so popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks