Original Reservoir Dogs Still available!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Bergeron, Sep 19, 2002.

1. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

www.futureshop.ca has it listed for an amazing $12.99 cdn! I'm thinking of ordering this version rather than the new one. Or maybe both....
    Should I get the old one?

2. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I don't think the new transfer is as lackluster as everyone says.

3. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I don't either. I watched mine last night expecting it to look real bad, and thought it looked pretty good. It was lighter than some other DVDs I have, but all in all I thought it was a pretty good transfer.

4. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

I'm glad to see that some other people think the new version isn't bad. I bought it and am happy with the image quality. What's this about turning the brightness down?? Looks good to me.

5. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

It looked great to me. In fact, I actually prefered the picture because the colors were'nt oversaturated. And the framing was better. Perhaps the brightness was a bit too high, but it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I'm trading my old copy (see my thread in the For Sale/For Trade area if you're interested [​IMG])

6. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

I'd say get the new one. The old DVD is crap by comparison. The new DVD looks much, much better and the widescreen framing is more accurate.

7. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

You can find the old one used all over. I thought about picking it up, but am holding back. I'm still on the fence about the new version.

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Stunt Coordinator

I'm getting the old one and keeping the new one just for extras.

9. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

While everyone can and will continue to disagree over the quality of the new transfer, one thing that con't be ignored is a line of dialogue that is missing from the new release. I'm surprised more people aren't upset over such a sloppy mistake.

For the curious, the line is
    when Mr. White is bent down next to Mr. Orange. Mr. Pink asks if Orange is dead. Mr. White says something like, "No, he's just passed out." The line is missing entirely.