What's new

Original I Spy (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did a search and was surprised to see no discussion of the DVD's released years ago on the original I Spy TV Series with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby. DVD Empire lists 3 box sets out which I'm sure is related to the new Eddie Murphy I Spy release.

If anyone owns these DVD, how are they, I assume they are pretty unremarkable for a 60's TV series unlike TOS Star Trek DVDs.

Thanks, Nelson

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I don't get the Trek:TOS reference, because they have no real supplements. Do you mean audio and video quality? If so, the I Spy episodes look and sound fine, about what you'd expect for a series of this vintage. The last two volumes--released individually as The Robert Culp Collection and available in the third boxed set--include the episodes that he wrote and feature his fun, wide-ranging commentary over most of the episodes.

For about $129 shipped, you can get all 82 episodes of I Spy in the new slimline packaging of the three sets. Is there a better bargain among TV series?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Randy-

Thanks for the insights on the I Spy DVD's. They are a good deal!

In reference to TOS Star Trek DVDs, yes I was asking if the video and audio was similar to the Star Trek transfers.

Nelson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks