What's new

original Grease dvd cover up at (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
GREAT COVER!!
I don't know. The one looks really deformed. It just doesn't look good, but I can't place my finger on it.
What could ... oh, yeah! I see what the problem is!
The top of the one box says "Full Frame Edition"! No wonder the box looks like sh*t!
:D

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately clicking on either box to get a larger view seems to lead to the same "full" screen image.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Is this the first time Paramount has released a disc with a "Full Screen Collection" banner? And who, exactly, is putting together such a collection? ;)
DJ

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if it is the first time, but I think Ron said a while ago that Paramount was looking into releasing fullscreen titles.
The old banner itself was kind of an indication that there was a counterpart as well, wasn't it? Otherwise the "widescreen collection" might as well simply be "Collection" :D Not that I'd be complaining...

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Didn't Charlotte's Web get released full-frame?
Anyway, it's nice to see a studio keep the original one-sheet art for once. Thanks Paramount!
Jeff

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda disappointed..it seems that the transfer and extras for this release are simply rehashes of the vhs and ld release from 4 1/2 years ago. Doesn't Paramount put any effort into their big releases?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Doesn't Paramount put any effort into their big releases?
Seen the specs for Saturday Night Fever?

Braveheart has Mel Gibson's first audio commentary. Chinatown has restrospective interviews. Fatal Attraction has a new retrospective featurette with new interviews. Forrest Gump has a second disc of materials including a lot of new bonus features. Star Trek: The Motion Picture was released as the director's cut with a lot of new extras.

Grease may have the same retrospective featurette as before but why mess with a good thing? Plus the DVD does have two trailers and a songbook included with it.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Okay...I am happy to see this film coming out and all...

But let me ask, and not trying to offend anyone here...Next year is the films 25th Anniversary. What are the chances that we are going to get hit next year with a two disc special version with loaded extra's?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Next year is the films 25th Anniversary. What are the chances that we are going to get hit next year with a two disc special version with loaded extra's?
Little-to-none. Star Trek aside, Paramount hasn't revisited a single DVD yet (unless you count the full frame rerelease of Charlotte's Web).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks