What's new

Original games... what happened to em?? (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Like the Pilotwings series. I never played the SNES version, but I loved the N64 version. And how about Blast Corps on N64? Or Toy Commander on DC?

Those were great, original games, with varied gameplay elements. It seems though that the majority of folks aren't into those types of games. What are some other games that fall in this category?

I really hope Nintendo brings back Pilotwings...

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, Super Monkey Ball is reasonably different! Crazy Taxi was at the time, Rez looks stunningly original, in fact most of Sega's teams are pretty original in their games.

There are definitely 'new' games to be found; Miyamoto has given us two (Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion) just in the last month, for instance. Just don't expect them from the likes of EA.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Ya know, didn't even think about Luigi's Mansion and I have it! I'll have to check out Pikmin...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Some other games I can think of (on the PC that is)

Creatures/Aquazone - Virtual life kind of "games", I mean their not really games in the true sense that there's an ending but they are usually marketed as such.

The original M.U.L.E. for the C64, which could be thought up as the precurser to SimCity, another revolutionary game...

Jay

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Pikmin and Luigi are very original. Also Banjo-Kazooie and Rocket: Robot on Wheels were very original.

Even old concepts can get a fresh coat of paint. The time travel elements in Zelda: Majora's Mask made it particularly original.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Speaking of M.U.L.E. does anybody know if it exists (not in emulation form) for the P.C.??? That would be fun to try again... ahhhh the memories. I vaguely remembering that it had pretty cool music too...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks