Original Crew Movie Collection SE: I knew it!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bart, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Bart

Bart Stunt Coordinator

Well, it looks like five years of patience has finally paid off, since Paramount will be releasing a box set of all the special edition versions of the original Star Trek movies on January 27th of next year. It seems like there was a new box set every time a new special edition movie was released and I always refused to buy them, knowing this set would come along some day. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Bart

2. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

No surprise for me. Every time a new Star Trek 2-disc SE has come out, Paramount has re-issued the box set over and over with the latest 2-disc set. Another way for them to squeeze blood out of the proverbial turnip.

3. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Perhaps the thread title should be modified to include the words "STAR TREK".

4. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

but they are the same discs just in a box all together, rigth?

5. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Exactly. Every time that a new SE has been released, Paramount replaces the single-disc version with the 2-disc edition, so it will be the same 2-disc sets that are sold separately that will all be collected into one box set.

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Wow is this the future of thread posting? Where we have to guess what the topics all about? Bad enough people initialling every movie title as if we instantly know which film they're referring to, but this is the next stage, pop in a few clues and let us work at it.[​IMG]

Oh yeah Star Trek...[is it?], bought them all, I'm not the type to wait and hope they release my faves in a bundle at some future date. To each his own.

7. Ruslan

Ruslan Stunt Coordinator

I hope they re-do the art of the first film so the box matches all the rest (though the one at dvdcoverart.com is superb!). I've been holding off so I'll snap this up if the price is right!

8. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I doubt the will re-do the box art on the first one. However, it does seem rather lazy of the marketing department to not figure out a look ahead of time that would be consistent.

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Heck, it's not too hard to find these discs for cheap. I paid about $12 for most of them anyway -- I doubt if the set will be available for less than $75.

10. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

You get a box.

11. Bart

Bart Stunt Coordinator

Sorry folks, I didn't realize the words "Star Trek" were never mentioned in the title or the actual post! It was a genuine mistake, I wasn't trying to make assumptions. I edited my original post, but I think only an administrator can modify the title.

Bart

12. Frank Ha

Frank Ha Second Unit

Frank Harrison
    Actually, I'm just interested in the new special edition being released on the same date. I don't want to buy the whole set, just the ones I like. Does anyone know if the new Star Trek VI will have an anamorphic transfer? Amazon does not list it as a feature and I don't want to buy it if is not anamorphic.

Frank

13. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

All the previous Star Trek SEs have been anamorphic. Don't see why it wouldn't be.